Feb 20, 2024
A bachelor degree in the field of accounting provides the knowledge and skills to succeed at almost anything in the business world. It prepares students to determine how a business is doing and communicate this knowledge to clients or others in the business organization. This program is designed to help students obtain accounting certifications such as CMA, CIA, and CFE. The BBA in Accounting, along with the MBA - Accounting Concentration, can further prepare students for the CPA exam.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Pam Thompson, Phone: 972-338-1358, Email: Pamela.Thompson@untdallas.edu
Building Blocks for the Degree
- Texas Core Curriculum: All students are required to complete 42 hours of the Texas Core Curriculum to earn a degree.
- Business Core Requirements: All business students complete a minimum of 45 hours designated as business core requirements.
- Accounting Major Requirements: The accounting major requires 36 hours of accounting and business courses.
- Other Courses: Students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to graduate with a degree from UNTD. Students may complete a minor, certificate program or general elective courses to meet this requirement.
Core Curriculum Recommendations
UNTD adheres to the Texas Core Curriculum established in Texas Education Code Chapter 61, Subchapter S. Courses designated on the transcript as a Core Foundation Area will be applied to the Texas Core Curriculum. As a new Freshman student starting at UNTD (or transfer student looking ahead to attend UNTD), taking the recommended UNTD courses (or equivalent) can reduce hours to degree and provide more opportunities for elective courses.
Texas Core Curriculum, 42 hours
Courses with an asterisk (*) also count for the major.
Business Core Requirements, 45 hours
The following courses are required for the Accounting, BBA degree. Courses with an asterisk (*) also count for the core.
Major Requirements, 30 hours
Advanced Accounting or Business, 6 hours
- Select any 6 semester credit hours from 3000- or 4000-level Accounting or Business courses.
Additional UNTD Degree Requirements
- All students must meet the General University Requirements as well as the major requirements.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Accounting GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Grade of C or better in all business core and major courses.
- ** is to be taken after all other foundation courses have been completed and in the graduating semester only.