Sep 26, 2023
A bachelor degree in the field of finance prepares students in areas such as budgeting, forecasting, investing, valuation and obtaining funds for business operations.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Mujtaba Zia, Phone: 972-338-1673, Email: Mujtaba.Zia@untdallas.edu
Click here for the Recommended Course Sequence degree plan.
Building Blocks for the Degree
- Texas Core Curriculum: All students are required to complete 42 hours of the Texas Core Curriculum to earn a degree.
- Business Core Requirements: All business students complete a minimum of 45 hours designated as business core requirements.
- Major Requirements: The finance major requires 18 hours of finance and business courses, and 15 hours of a finance track.
- Other Courses: Students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to graduate with a degree from UNTD. Students may complete a minor, certificate program or general elective courses to meet this requirement.
Core Curriculum Recommendations
UNTD adheres to the Texas Core Curriculum established in Texas Education Code Chapter 61, Subchapter S. Courses designated on the transcript as a Core Foundation Area will be applied to the Texas Core Curriculum. As a new Freshman student starting at UNTD (or transfer student looking ahead to attend UNTD), taking the recommended UNTD courses (or equivalent) can reduce hours to degree and provide more opportunities for elective courses.
Texas Core Curriculum, 42 hours
Courses with an asterisk (*) also count for the major.
Business Core Requirements, 45 hours
The following courses are required for the Finance, BBA degree. Courses with an asterisk (*) also count for the core.
Major Requirements, 18 hours
Select 3 semester credit hours from the following courses to satisfy the major requirements.
Select one of the finance tracks listed below and complete the requirements of the track.
General Finance Track, 15 hours
Select any 9 semester credit hours from the following list.
Select 6 semester credit hours from any advanced business courses.
Credit Analysis Track, 15 hours
Financial Planning Track, 15 hours
Complete all of the courses listed below to satisfy the Financial Planning Track.
Additional UNTD Degree Requirements
- All students must meet the General University Requirements as well as the major requirements.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Finance GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Grade of C or better in all business core and major courses.
- **BUSI 4940 is to be taken after all other foundation courses have been completed and in the graduating semester only.
Total hours to complete degree: 120 semester credit hours