The School of Education prepares teachers, principals and school counselors for employment and leadership in their respective disciplines in the linguistically and culturally diverse communities of the North Texas region and beyond. Our faculty ensures that our graduates are highly qualified, actively recruited and successfully employed.
As a professional school, we offer both undergraduate and graduate degrees with specialized licensure and/or certifications.
Most full-time faculty in the School of Education have terminal degrees in their discipline and are enthusiastic and passionate about inspiring and encouraging academic excellence in each of our students.
The school is also fortunate to employ a number of highly qualified part-time practitioners who bring value-added job-related experiences to our classrooms. The mix of faculty engaged in research and current practice enhances the quality of our professional programs.
Each degree program has a unique mission and offers specialized tracks qualifying students for state certificates. Holding both a degree and a specialized certificate greatly enhances the knowledge-base and skill-sets needed for an impressive resume in today’s competitive job market.
ProgramsBachelor of Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades 4-8, English, Language Arts, and Reading), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades 4-8, Math), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades 4-8, Science), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades 4-8, Social Studies), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades EC-6 Core Subjects and Special Education, EC-12), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades EC-6, Bilingual), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, (Grades EC-6, ESL), BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies, EC-12 Languages Other Than English (LOTE) - Spanish, BS